Resources

How many steps do you take to study?

1? 2? 3? Or 4?

Some students study with…

2 steps

1. Read textbooks and notes

2. Go for exam

3 steps

1. Read textbooks and notes

2. Do exercise

3. Go for exam

4 steps

1. Read textbooks and notes

2. Do exercise

3. Memorise what you have studied

4. Go for exam

Base on the steps above, how many score do you get?

Have you achieved your desire result?

A? B? C? D? or F=fail?

9 Steps process of Successful Studying 

Step 1 : Set Very Clear Goals

The first step to studying is to set very clear goals instead of read your notes or textbook.

Why?

The goals you set will determine how you study and therefore your results!

If your goals is to score 100% in your exam, your brain knows that you can’t afford to make a single mistake. You will study every relevant point in the syllabus, use whatever methods to achieve it. As a result, you may score 100% and if not, you will get closer to 100%.

If your goals is to score 60% in your exam, your brain knows that you can afford to lose 40% of the marks. Chances are, you won’t bother to study everything, you may skip those chapters that you do not understand, or do not like. As a result, you may score 60% or less or fail… you will never get close to 100%.

“If you shoot for the stars, you’ll at least hit the moon” ― T. Harv Eker

Step 2 : Planning & Scheduling

You can set all the fantastic goals but you won’t achieve them unless you come up with a plan and schedule your time so that you will know when and what to do.

Step 3 : Taking Consistent Action

It is the ability to constantly follow through everyday to read your textbooks, make your notes and revise. Make a commitment to yourself and publicize it. Everyone wants ‘A’s , but not many are committed to work for it. Tell your parents, friends, teachers and even your relatives that you will score straight ‘A’s in your examination. Will they laugh at you?

If they do, instead of feeling bad, use their mockery to drive yourself. By putting your reputation on the line, you have no choice but to act.

Step 4 : Power-reading for information

Learn power-reading to help yourself to gather information. Reading your textbooks and notes is not just for the purpose of understanding and gain knowledge. It is important to extract the key ideas and key words. Power reading is a technique of reading that is designed to increase your reading speed, at the same time to increase your concentration and comprehension.

Step 5 : Mind Maps

After gathering all the useful information and keywords, then make your own personalized notes. Mind Maps can help you re-organize the information in a way that saves your time and actives your brain power.

Step 6 : Super Memory

Learn and use Super Memory technique to easily and effortlessly absorb all the important information. Before you can think and apply what you have learnt, first thing you must remember what you have learnt. Your brain must be able to absorb and retain important information first, then you only be able use in higher level critical thinking.

Step 7 : Mastering the Art of Applications

Learn how to apply your knowledge in many types of questions. You can memorise all the important information and keywords perfectly, but must know how to use it. Then only you can score ‘A’s.

Step 8 : Exam Preparation

This starts 2 months before the examination. In this stage, you should have prepared Mind Maps for all your syllabus, completed all assignments & questions, analysed the mistake you made before. Creating an optimal learning environment, for example, free yourself from distractions like TV, video games or bed, play Baroque music in background to put your mind in a relax state so that learning can take place. Plan a study schedule and allocate your time to each subject.

Step 9 : Taking exam

This is the last and important step. After you have gone through all the steps above, now you need to do is to put yourself in the most empowering state. Remember that your state of mind will affect how you feel. How you feel will affect your actions and your results. When you are in a state feeling absolutely confident, excited and empowered, you are going to produce your very best.

All The Best!

reference: ‘I Am Gifted, So Are You!’ – by Adam Khoo

 

________________________________________________________________________________

6 Ways To Stimulate Your Brain

1. Listen to Baroque music

2. Keep asking and answering lots of questions

3. Challenging yourself by attempting new and more difficult questions and things everyday

4. Exposing your mind to information beyond the textbooks by reading outside the curriculum

5. Never ever skip difficult things and topics, but get excited to figure out the answer!

6. Understand that the only way to get smarter is to make mistakes and get confused first!

reference: ‘I Am Gifted, So Are You!’ – by Adam Khoo

________________________________________________________________________________

Keep going!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s